It is important to compress your images, because images may take more time to load. So, this may affect the website’s performance. WordPress compression plugins can be used to compress your images. You can make use of WordPress Image Compression Plugins to compress your images.
WordPress Image Optimization Plugins
1. Optimole image Optimization plugin
- It automatically compresses all the images on the site
- optimize your image based on the size of the device
- Includes Lossy or lossless image optimization
- Supports lazy loading
- supports CDN
- you can optimize any number of images
- The free plan allows monthly 5000 visitors and unlimited bandwidth.
- The paid plan allows monthly 25,000 visitors and unlimited bandwidth.
- CDN is included in both free plans and paid plans.
2. Imagify image optimization plugin
- You need to create an account
- You will get an API key
- enter your API key
- it has three option to optimize: Normal, Aggressive, Ultra
- It will automatically optimize images on the website
- Original images can be backup
- Display images in Webp format
- you can resize images to any size
- Resize larger images
- pricing is based on the file size of your uploading images.
- In the free plan, you can upload 1GB per month
- after you need to pay $4.99 to upload more files.
3. Smush image optimization plugin
- It automatically compresses bulk images after upload
- It can resize your images
- Includes lossy compression
- Supports lazy loading
- Supports CDN
- It will find incorrectly sized images
- You can compress 50 images at a time in the free version.
With the free version, you can optimize unlimited images but with the need to follow the things below.
- use lossless compression in the free version
- A single image should not exceed 1MB
If you want more image compression, you need to pay $4.9 per month.
4. ShortPixel image optimization plugin
It has three modes Lossy, Glossy, and Lossless. You can select any of these three modes to compress your images. You can also resize your images and you can also see how much space you have saved.
- Support for JPG, PNG, GIF & PDF.
- Restore original image anytime.
- Compress all uploaded images with a single click.
- Automatically Process new images on upload.
- No file size limit.
- you always have 100 free image compression.
- Always keep a backup of your images in a separate folder.
- Allows optimizing all images or only the original image.
- You can compress up to 100 images with the free version.
- If you want to compress more images, you need to pay $4.99
- The paid version allows 5,000 images to compress.
5. TinyPNG image optimization plugin
- Automatic compression for new images.
- Supports JPEG & PNG files only.
- Bulk optimization.
- Resize image feature.
- Convert CMYK to RGB.
- No file size limits.
- In the free version, you can compress up to 500 images.
- in the paid version, you can compress up to 10,000 images.