Having internal broken links on your site affects the SEO ranking. In this blog, you will learn about how to find and fix broken links on your wordpress site thereby it increases user experience, and also improves SEO rankings. It is important to find the broken links on your site and you need to fix them. There are many tools available in the market to find and fix the broken links on your website. SEMrush is one of the best tools which can find and fix broken links.
Find and Fix Broken Links in wordpress
What Is a Broken link?
A broken link is a link that will not work anymore. It is also called a deadline. There are many reasons for broken links. Reasons for broken links are the wrong URL, the structure of the site may be changed, content may not exist, content may be deleted or moved, When this happens, the server will show a 404 error.
Finding Broken Links in wordpress using SEMRush
SEMrush can be used for finding broken links keyword researching, content marketing, advertising, market research, etc.
- SEMRush tool allows you to monitor your website SEO rankings
- and the status of your website.
- It includes a powerful ‘site audit’ tool that will scan your website
- find common errors
- and gives an overall report.
In order to use this, register for the SEMRush account. It has paid plans. The free plan comes with limited offers that allow you to crawl 100 pages on one domain. Paid plan starts with 10,000 pages per month.
- Log into your account,
- click on ‘site audit’ from the left menu.
- You will move to the site Audit page.
- then click on the ‘New Site Audit’ button to add your site.
- It will ask you to enter the domain name and project name
- Then, you need to configure the site audit settings.
- You need to choose the number of pages you want to scroll and a crawl source.
- Then, click on the ‘start crawling’ button.
- Now, SEMRush starts crawling your site for the site audit.
- It will take some time to complete depending on the pages to crawl.
- Once it is finished,
- under the site audit section,
- click on your domain name to view your report.
- Go to the report overview section
- and you will see ‘broken link’, click it
- You can see broken links on your site.
- Click on the Export button to download your report.
[ Learn about: SEMrush tool: Features and pricing ]