Themes are used to Designed your website. The theme will show how your website looks like. The theme will decide your website’s looks. Many themes are available in the market. If you have beautiful themes, it will attract users so, users can spend more time on your site. In this blog, you will learn about how to install a wordpress theme.
Steps to Install WordPress Theme
Step1: Install a Theme using WordPress Admin Theme Search
- WordPress includes an inbuilt search option to add a new theme.
- WordPress.org directory includes many themes to install.
- So, you can install themes from the available themes.
- These themes are free and contain fewer features.
- If you want advanced features you can go for premium versions.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard
- click on Appearance,
- next, move to Themes,
- and click on Add New button.
- Next, it will take you to a new page that allows you to select the theme
- Includes options like Featured WordPress Theme, Popular WordPress Theme, Latest WordPress Theme
- You can search for a specific theme
- Search a theme for specific features.
- You can see the install button and preview button
- Click on preview to view how the theme looks,
- Click on the install button to install the theme.
- Now, click on Activate button in order to activate your theme.
- Now your theme is activated
- you can customize your theme at your convenience.
- You can change the theme at any time
Step2: Install a Theme By Using A Upload Method
- from the first method you can install only available themes in the directory
- If you want to install a custom wordpress theme, then go for the second method.
- You can download the premium themes in. ZIP file format.
- The first thing you need to do is, download the plugin from the source in .zip format.
- Go to your DashBoard,
- in Appearance, click on Themes
- Then click on Add New Button
- It will take you to a new page where you can see the Upload Theme button at the top.
- Click on Upload Theme.
- Then click on the select file
- select the downloaded zip file from your computer
- and click on install now
- After installing the theme, you will get a message as the theme got installed successfully.
- Now, click on Activate link
- WordPress Will Activate your theme
- You can customize your theme as per your requirement.
[ Learn About: Top 10 Most Popular WordPress Themes in 2021 ]
Leave a Comment