Google Analytics is a tool that helps you to understand what users doing on your website. in this blog, You will learn about how to set up Google Analytics.
It provides information about
- website’s visitors
- what type of content they are seeing
- Their behavior while viewing your site
Why Google Analytics?
You get the following information from Google Analytics
- Overall traffic you get to your site
- Traffic comes from which website
- Amount of Traffic to an individual page
- Whether visits come from desktop or mobile
How to SetUp Google Analytics
Step1: Setup Google Tag Manager
- Go to Google Tag Manager Dashboard
- Create an account
- Fill in the details and click on continue
- You need to set up the container
- Enter your domain name
- you need to accept terms and conditions
- then, click on continue
- Paste the above code on each page of your website
- Paste the first snippet code into the header tag
- paste the second snippet code into the body tag
If you are using wordpress, you can paste these snippets directly into your wordpress theme.
Step2: Setup Google Analytics
- You need to log in to the GA page.
- You need to enter the account name, name, and website URL
- Select category and time zone.
- Then, accept the terms and conditions
- you will get your tracking ID.
Step3: Setup Google analytics tag with Google Tag Manager
- Go to Google tag manager dashboard
- click on add new tag button
- Then, you need to create a new website tag
You need to customize two areas
- Click on the tag configuration button.
- Then, choose ‘Universal Analytics to create a tag
- Now click on Google Analytics Settings
- then, click on the new variable from the drop-down menu.
- Then, it will take you to a new page where you need to enter your Tracking ID.
- go to the ‘Triggering’ section
- Click on the ‘Triggering‘ button
- click all pages
- click on save.
Step4: Setup Google Analytics Goals
- Go to the Google Analytics dashboard,
- Click on the ‘Admin’ button
- Click on the Goal button
- it will take you to a ‘Goals‘ Dashboard
- You can create a new Goal.
Then, choose the type of goal,
- Pages/Screens per session
Step5: Link to Google Search Console
- Click on the Gear icon
- Then click on property settings.
- Scroll down and click on Adjust Search Console
- You can add your site to Google Search Console
- Click on Add button.
- At the bottom click on Add site to Search Console button.
- Enter your website name
- and click Add.
- Click on save
- You will back to Google Analytics.