When users browse our site, if your site took more time to load, then the user may leave the site and may move to another site. So, it is important to improve the loading time of your site. You need to speed up your WordPress site. You need to follow the below steps to speed up your site and load within 2 seconds.
Steps to speed up your WordPress site and load within 2 seconds
1. Use Latest PHP – 7.0+ To speed up your site
The latest version of PHP is 7.4 which will boost your website performance. PHP section is handled by the web hosting company. If your hosting is using a PHP version less than 7.0, then you can upgrade it to the latest version.
2. Pick quality Web-hosting to speed up your site
Many of the bloggers use local web hosting providers to host their websites. Remember that, you should choose a web hosting company that is well optimized to launch your site. Click Here to view the best WordPress web hosting.
3. Don’t use too many WordPress plugins to speed up your site
One of the most significant features of WordPress is plugins. Most of us use many plugins which will reduce the functionality of WordPress sites. Try to use the minimum number of plugins and clean your database regularly. Use at least one cache plugin to get rid of useless plugins.
4. Optimize your images for fast loading to speed up your site
Images on WordPress should be
- Use high-quality images
- Images should be Compressed
- Should include smaller files
Images are the backbone of your site. If you use more images on your site, it may reduce your site loading time.
To improve the performance of your images
- Use CDN
- image format should be proper
Follow the below things to speed up your site
- You can change file format from .png to .jpg
- Use photoshop for Image compression
- Use image compression and image lazy loading technology
- To improve the performance of your images, use a compression plugin
5. Select modern & fast WordPress themes to speed up your site
There are many themes are developed to increase the speed of your website. Ensure that you are using a fast-loading theme.
6. Pick the server location closest to your audience to speed up your site
Many web hosting companies allow you to choose the data center on which you want to host your website. If you know the location of your target audience, select the data center which closer to your audience.
7. Make Use of CDN Network for faster loading to speed up your site
You are hosting your website on a particular geo-location. for example, if you are hosting your site on Bluehost, Your website is most likely located in the U.S. When users from Asian countries browse our website, it will take more time to load the website. To solve this problem, Use CDN. CDN allows your website to load quickly in any part of the world. Cloudflare has a free CDN service that can be used by any blogger.
Follow the steps explained in order to speed up your WordPress site and load within 2 seconds. It increases the website performance in turn increase the traffic to your site.